Thinking of undertaking university study as part of your personal or professional development?
I took the plunge this year, here's some considerations and tips upon reflection of completing year one of student life:
- Choose a course that you either really enjoy the topic of, or will actually enable financial enhancement and happiness for you in the future.
- Talk to your employer about how they can support you. Ask for time off, contribution towards fees and flexibility from the 9-5 regime. They can only say no, and if they do, it's their loss.
- Do not underestimate how much time and effort will be involved in studying. It takes a lot. You have to make sacrifices in both personal and professional environments. Become one of those super organised people who plans everything in advance.
- Take time to laugh with friends and loved ones. Because it's awesome. They get you. Even when you're really, really stressed. They make you a cuppa without asking how you'd like it. Enjoy the small things.
- Create a study environment you're comfortable in where you can pump through those assignments.
- Celebrate your success!